Water Tank Inspection & Cleaning
Draining tanks to inspect or clean them wastes a significant amount of water, thereby costing the community it serves valuable time and money. Smaller communities may also find themselves without fire protection if their water storage facilities are taken offline.
U.S. Underwater Services offers communities a time-saving and economical alternative to the old way of inspecting and cleaning water tanks. When working in potable water, commercially certified divers are always equipped with AWWA/TCEQ required equipment, which includes a chemical resistant dry suit and diving helmet, surface supplied air, and an audio and video link which allows for full voice communication. All divers are disinfected to AWWA standards with a chlorine solution before entering any potable water. Our company provides all general liability, workman's comp, and vehicle insurance on the job.
USUS will perform both interior and exterior inspections to assure that your tank's physical integrity, water quality, and security are up to par. Also, all inspections are performed while your facilities are in service and full of water!
- Narrated Color Video Tour
- A Written Report
- Corrosion Estimates
- Pit and Blister Analysis
- Cathodic Protection System Assessments, Repairs, and Installations
- Hatch, Vent, and Ladder Conditions
- Recommendations for Repairs
- Reduces the Loss of Millions of Gallons of Water and the Associated Cost
- Eliminates Structural Stress on the Facility and Eliminates Additional Labor Cost
- Eliminates Out of Service Issues and Revenue Loss Due to Being Out of Service
- Eliminates Loss of Chlorine and Cost Associated with this Process
- Eliminates Disinfection and Flushing Process and Associated Cost
- Sediment/Debris Removal Will Improve Water Clarity and Taste while Decreasing Chlorine Residuals without Producing Excess Turbidity
- Provides the Removal of Sediments, Protozoa Bacteria, Insects, and Other Contaminating Debris
- Divers Are Disinfected to AWWA and State Required Standards with a Chlorine Solution Before Entering Any Potable Water
- Warranty Inspections